Hey BYOBs! You all know that blogging is great way to make money online by sharing your knowledge on your website. But, this is becoming obsolete day-by-day and the new era is the time of audio & video content. YouTube is growing greatly in this field and I know, you might have also thought to start a YouTube channel and share your knowledge by making videos.
If we have a look on YouTube stats, 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute. Almost 5 billion videos are watched on Youtube every single day. The average number of mobile YouTube video views per day is 1,000,000,000.
Not only that thousands of new channels are created daily and if you don’t want to miss this golden opportunity of video marketing, you need to start a YouTube channel today. In fact, get ready to create a channel now following all the steps of this blog carefully.
Cost to Start a YouTube Channel in 2020
Many of you might be thinking about the investment in creating a YouTube channel. Don’t worry, it’s completely free without spending even a single penny.
In this era of Internet & Digitalisation, you all have a smartphone and a fast internet connection. That’s all we need to make a channel. In fact, you can make your videos from your phone also; no need to worry about money.
Equipments Required to Run a YouTube Channel
Your smartphone is the all-in-one gadget for running a channel on YouTube. From creating videos to uploading and making money, all the tasks can be done by your phone.
But, if you want to produce some high-quality video contents, you need to spend something. And, I am speaking about all these only for the experienced ones, not the beginners. The newbies can do all stuffs by smartphone and for the identified YouTubers, the equipments/gadgets required are as under.
- Camera/DSLR for Video Recording
- External Microphone for Good Audio
- Tripod for Mounting the Camera
- Studio Lights for Better Video Quality
- Video Editing Software
- PC/Laptop for Editing Videos
How to Start a YouTube Channel in 2020?
Now, you have purchased all these gadgets or you can use your smartphone for all these tasks, let’s talk about the process of creating a brand new YouTube channel. I have divided this beginner’s guide into five parts so that even a non-tech person can very easily make a channel.
- Finding Perfect Niche (Category of Videos)
- Creating YouTube Channel
- Customizing Channel (Logo/Channel Art/Description)
- Making Videos/Editing/Uploading
- Start Making Money with your YouTube Channel
Finding the Best Niche for YouTube Channel
The very first task for you before starting a channel is to find the perfect niche according to your interest and knowledge. Niche is simply the category of your videos i.e. in which topics you will be sharing information on your blog.
Many beginners make a common mistake and choose a niche by seeing other people and their earnings. Never do that because at the end of the day, you have to create content about it. And if you have no knowledge about it and no interest, then won’t be able to make it a sustainable YouTube channel in the long run.
So, first think about your interests and knowledge deeply and then decide in which category you are going to make videos about. This will help you to continue your YouTube channel in the long-run fulfilling your dream to live a boss free life.
Read Also: How to Start a Blog & Earn Lacs in 2020?
How to Create a Youtube Channel?
As you all know that Youtube is now under Google, and to create a channel you only need a Google Account/Gmail account. If you don’t have a Gmail ID, then you can make one from the below given process.
- First go to www.youtube.com and Sign In with your Google Account.
- After that click on your Gmail’s profile picture on the top right corner where you will find an option, YouTube Studio.
- Now, a pop-up window will open (Use YouTube as…) Type the name of your channel and then click on Create Channel.
- Your channel has been created and now you have to setup it with your logo, channel art & about description.
Before moving further, let’s talk about the process of creating a Google account.
How to Create a Google Account (Gmail)?
- Go to Google.com and click on Sign In button the top right corner.
- Click on Create Account on the sign in page.
- Now, fill your name, choose a username and password for your Google account and then click on Next.
- If you want to give phone number and recovery email address, type here and then click on Next after selecting Date-of-Birth and Gender.
- Google will now ask you to accept its Privacy and Terms, scroll down and click on I agree.
- Your Google account (Gmail ID) has been created now. This process can be done in mobile as well if you don’t have PC.
Customizing Your YouTube Channel
I hope, you have created your channel now. Let’s talk about customizing the channel by uploading a logo, channel art, writing about description and linking social media handles.
- First of all, go to YouTube.com and click on YouTube Studio which can be found after clicking your gmail profile picture on the top right corner.
- Now, click on Your Channel on the left side. You can get this option by top right corner’s icon also.
- After clicking on Customize Channel, a new window will open where you can very easily change your channel logo, channel art and channel description. Just click on the pencil (edit) icon near it.
- If you don’t know about designing logo and channel art (video thumbnails also) you can use canva.com
How to Make Videos for YouTube?
You have successfully created your YouTube channel, now let’s talk about the process of making videos. See, there are many types of videos that you can post on your channel, like PC Screen Recording Tutorials, Face-cam Videos, Daily life Vlogs, Short films, etc. And for every genre (except screen recording) you need a camera.
If you can afford a digital camera/DSLR that’s great; if no, then don’t worry, you can make your videos through your smartphone camera also. Shoot your video with your smartphone, then you can edit on phone also using Kinemaster, PowerDirector, Adobe Premiere Rush, etc. mobile video editors.
How to Upload a Video on YouTube?
When your video is finally ready to be uploaded on your channel, go to YouTube Studio on PC browser or open YouTube app on your smartphone. There you will get an option to upload your video.
Now, the main part comes if you want to get more views on your videos; its title, description and tags should be well optimized (SEO-friendly) according to the topic of the video as well as the keywords searched on YouTube.
You can use TubeBuddy chrome extension for optimizing your videos and also get an idea of the keywords through searching it on YouTube itself. As you type the starting word of your video topic, you will get to see some suggested keywords which you can use as tags.
The video uploading process on YouTube is divided into two parts, uploading and processing. Wait for some time until your video is processed and click on Publish button after writing title, description and tags. And you video is live on your channel.
Making Money with your YouTube Channel
I hope, you are happy now to post your first video on YouTube. Now, the billion dollar question comes in mind “How to Earn Money with YouTube Channel“? Can you make money from the first video and the first day?
No, the current eligibility criteria to monetize your videos is to first complete 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watchtime on your channel in the past 12 months. As soon as you meet this threshold, you will be able to join the YouTube Partner Program which will help you to show Google AdSense ads on your videos.
In addition to AdSense, there are many other earning sources for YouTubers. Among all them, affiliate marketing, sponsored videos and brand integration are the most popular by which you can make money beyond your expectation and thinking.
Conclusion: How to Become a YouTuber?
So friends, this is the complete “Beginner’s Guide on How to Start a YouTube Channel & Make Money“. I hope, you liked it. At last, I want to tell you that don’t think about only earning, focus on your content. If your content is good providing value to the people, it will surely be successful one day. Just keep uploading regularly.
If you have any query/doubt regarding any topic talked in this article, let me know in the Comment section. You can also subscribe to our email newsletter if you don’t want to miss any useful content coming in future regarding YouTube.
Thanks for reading… Love you all BYOBs.